Kids` custody row a closed chapter: Norway
Kolkata: Amidst the renewed fight over the custody of two children of an Indian NRI couple in Norway even after their return to India, the country`s embassy in Delhi has said they consider the issue closed.
In reply to a e-mail by city-based NGO India`s Smile, counsellor of the Royal Norwegian embassy in Delhi Laila Tronsdal Moen said, "The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Delhi considers the issue as closed from our side."
"The embassy is confident that the Indian authorities will resolve the issue in the best interest of all concerned," the counsellor said in the communique to Rajeev Sarkar, secretary Trustee of the NGO, which claimed to have first brought to light the issue.
Abhigyan and Aishwarya, who were brought to Kulti in West Bengal`s Burdwan district from Norway recently after a protracted legal battle and diplomatic pressure by India, were again in the midst of a row with their mother and paternal grandfather lodging complaints against each other with the police.
Demanding security, Ajay Bhattacharya, the paternal grandfather of the children, has lodged an FIR with the Kulti police station alleging that the kids` mother Sagarika Bhattacharya barged into their house with outsiders and demanded handing over of the children to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users