Kiran Reddy murder: Husband Chaitanya arrested
Hyderabad: Chaitanya Reddy, the husband of Union minister Jaipal Reddy’s niece Kiran, was arrested by the police on Wednesday in connection with his wife’s murder. Kiran was found dead under suspicious circumstances at her home at Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad on Saturday morning.
Forensic experts, who conducted the postmortem on Kiran, found strains of severe pressure on her face which they said could be the result of either smothering or poisoning.
Sources at the Gandhi Hospital, where the postmortem was conducted, said that Kiran had blood accumulation in the upper part of her head which is symptomatic of death by smothering.
Reports quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kiran might have suffered a minor head injury. However, it is difficult to say if she was attacked on the head, as it is an extremely minor injury, the sources added.
Experts also said that the victim had stomach congestion which could have been caused due to poisoning. Since police have already gained information that Kiran had consumed alcohol during a party she had attended a few hours before she died, police suspect she might have been given poison mixed in her drink.
Information collected from sources and eyewitnesses, including Kiran’s family members, and the investigation done by the police so far, all indicate towards Chaitanya involvement in his wife’s death.
The couple was last seen together on Friday night returning from a bachelor party. Kiran’s brother was also with them.
Chaitanya will be produced in a local district court later this evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory