Kiran Reddy murder: Husband Chaitanya arrested
Hyderabad: Chaitanya Reddy, the husband of Union minister Jaipal Reddy’s niece Kiran, was arrested by the police on Wednesday in connection with his wife’s murder. Kiran was found dead under suspicious circumstances at her home at Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad on Saturday morning.
Forensic experts, who conducted the postmortem on Kiran, found strains of severe pressure on her face which they said could be the result of either smothering or poisoning.
Sources at the Gandhi Hospital, where the postmortem was conducted, said that Kiran had blood accumulation in the upper part of her head which is symptomatic of death by smothering.
Reports quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kiran might have suffered a minor head injury. However, it is difficult to say if she was attacked on the head, as it is an extremely minor injury, the sources added.
Experts also said that the victim had stomach congestion which could have been caused due to poisoning. Since police have already gained information that Kiran had consumed alcohol during a party she had attended a few hours before she died, police suspect she might have been given poison mixed in her drink.
Information collected from sources and eyewitnesses, including Kiran’s family members, and the investigation done by the police so far, all indicate towards Chaitanya involvement in his wife’s death.
The couple was last seen together on Friday night returning from a bachelor party. Kiran’s brother was also with them.
Chaitanya will be produced in a local district court later this evening.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on