Krishna to write to PM on Team Anna charges
New Delhi: Rebutting charges hurled at him by Team Anna, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said on Thursday that he will write to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to reject all the "motivated allegations" against him.
Krishna, however, remained non-committal on filing a defamation suit against Team Anna, saying he reserved the right to react in an appropriate manner if anybody made personal allegations against him.
"I will reply in detail to all these motivated allegations in a letter to the prime minister," Krishna told reporters.
He was reacting to Team Anna`s charges that Krishna, during his tenure as Karnataka chief minister, dereserved five forest blocks, comprising at least 10,000 hectares, for mining by private companies against the suggestions of the state forest secretary and forest minister.
"It is highly improper for the members of Team Anna to accuse me of something that is untrue. The matter is before the Supreme Court and the truth will come out soon," he said.
Krishna also asserted that he was not afraid of any probe and underlined that N Santosh Hedge, the then Lokayukta of Karantaka, conducted a detailed investigation and exonerated him of all the allegations. Subsequently, the high court quashed the allegations, he said.
"I have no reservation for any kind of inquiry against me," he said. He, however, added that it was highly improper of anyone to ask for another investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information