Kurien elected chairman of Asian forum of parliamentarians
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Deputy chairman PJ Kurien was on Thursday unanimously elected the Chairman of the prestigious Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD) in Bangkok.
A statement released here said that during the 73rd Executive Committee Meeting of AFPPD in Bangkok, Kurien was elected as the Chairman of AFPPD taking over from Yasuo Fukuda, former Prime Minister of Japan.
The AFPPD, which was established in 1981, is a regional non-governmental organisation which serves as a coordinating body of twenty five National Committees of Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
Indian Parliamentarians have actively contributed to AFPPD activities and Kurien is also the Chairman of the Indian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what