Kurien elected chairman of Asian forum of parliamentarians
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Deputy chairman PJ Kurien was on Thursday unanimously elected the Chairman of the prestigious Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (AFPPD) in Bangkok.
A statement released here said that during the 73rd Executive Committee Meeting of AFPPD in Bangkok, Kurien was elected as the Chairman of AFPPD taking over from Yasuo Fukuda, former Prime Minister of Japan.
The AFPPD, which was established in 1981, is a regional non-governmental organisation which serves as a coordinating body of twenty five National Committees of Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
Indian Parliamentarians have actively contributed to AFPPD activities and Kurien is also the Chairman of the Indian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH