Left, SP, TDP demand fair probe into coal scam
New Delhi: Putting up a third front on the coal scam, the Left parties, along with Samajwadi Party and Telugu Desam Party, Friday staged a sit-in protest at the main gate of the Parliament House building Friday morning.
Leaders from these parties sat at the gate from where MPs enter the Parliament House building, raising slogans demanding a fair probe and debate in Parliament on the coal scam.
"If anyone is preventing the truth from coming out in the coal scam, it is the BJP. Skeletons will also come out from their closet, so they are not allowing a debate," Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury said after the protest.
These parties are demanding a debate in Parliament on the scam, and a fair investigation.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has been stalling Parliament over the coal scam, demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The main opposition party has said it will not allow Parliament to function, or a debate to take place unless the Prime Minister resigns taking moral responsibility for the scam.
SP leader Mulayam Singh, talking to reporters after the protest, said they would take to the streets with their demand of a fair probe.
"We will hit the streets, the markets. We have decided to take forward the struggle," Yadav said.
Both houses of Parliament, meanwhile, once again adjourned within minutes of meeting Friday morning, amidst the BJP`s protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea