Left, SP, TDP demand fair probe into coal scam
New Delhi: Putting up a third front on the coal scam, the Left parties, along with Samajwadi Party and Telugu Desam Party, Friday staged a sit-in protest at the main gate of the Parliament House building Friday morning.
Leaders from these parties sat at the gate from where MPs enter the Parliament House building, raising slogans demanding a fair probe and debate in Parliament on the coal scam.
"If anyone is preventing the truth from coming out in the coal scam, it is the BJP. Skeletons will also come out from their closet, so they are not allowing a debate," Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury said after the protest.
These parties are demanding a debate in Parliament on the scam, and a fair investigation.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has been stalling Parliament over the coal scam, demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The main opposition party has said it will not allow Parliament to function, or a debate to take place unless the Prime Minister resigns taking moral responsibility for the scam.
SP leader Mulayam Singh, talking to reporters after the protest, said they would take to the streets with their demand of a fair probe.
"We will hit the streets, the markets. We have decided to take forward the struggle," Yadav said.
Both houses of Parliament, meanwhile, once again adjourned within minutes of meeting Friday morning, amidst the BJP`s protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'