Left, SP, TDP demand fair probe into coal scam
New Delhi: Putting up a third front on the coal scam, the Left parties, along with Samajwadi Party and Telugu Desam Party, Friday staged a sit-in protest at the main gate of the Parliament House building Friday morning.
Leaders from these parties sat at the gate from where MPs enter the Parliament House building, raising slogans demanding a fair probe and debate in Parliament on the coal scam.
"If anyone is preventing the truth from coming out in the coal scam, it is the BJP. Skeletons will also come out from their closet, so they are not allowing a debate," Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury said after the protest.
These parties are demanding a debate in Parliament on the scam, and a fair investigation.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has been stalling Parliament over the coal scam, demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The main opposition party has said it will not allow Parliament to function, or a debate to take place unless the Prime Minister resigns taking moral responsibility for the scam.
SP leader Mulayam Singh, talking to reporters after the protest, said they would take to the streets with their demand of a fair probe.
"We will hit the streets, the markets. We have decided to take forward the struggle," Yadav said.
Both houses of Parliament, meanwhile, once again adjourned within minutes of meeting Friday morning, amidst the BJP`s protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH