Leopard attacks 3-year-old boy
Dehradun: A leopard attacked and injured a three-year-old child at his home in Pauri district but was foiled in its bid to drag the boy away by his mother who raised an alarm, forest department sources said Thursday.
Mohit was playing in the courtyard of his home in Pauri district`s Chopra village late last evening when a leopard pounced on him and tried to drag him away, the sources said.
However, it was forced to leave the boy after dragging him a few metres when his mother ran after it and raised an alarm, they said, adding, the child is being treated at a nearby hospital.
Meanwhile, a Nepalese national was held yesterday with a leopard skin in Syunrakot village of Almora district.
Following a tip-off, a raid was conducted by a forest department team at a house in the village and Bahadur Singh was arrested after found to be in possession of a leopard skin, forest department sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok