LeT provides training to Taliban to attack India
New Delhi: Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), one of the largest and most active Islamist militant organizations in South Asia, has started providing training to Taliban militants to attack India.
According to the recent intelligence reports from Pakistan, Lashkar-e-Taiba is now targeting Taliban militants as recruits and has raised concerns in the Indian security establishment.
”LeT has been training 130 Taliban militants who have surrendered to the Pakistan establishment. The training programme is being held at an "institute" in Lahore and has been going on for the last three months and is still going on,” Officials tracking developments in Pakistan said.
This development in LeT activities could lead to a complete new ways to terrorist attacks in India. These militants could be used to do LeT`s work in India and Afghanistan as they are already motivated.
Minister of State for external affairs, Preneet Kaur said on Saturday,`` India may share this information with Pakistan in the next bilateral-talks. India will resume talks with Pakistan to raise its terrorism concerns. Also, the Foreign Secretary-level talks do not have the complete support of the government with Pakistan.
LeT has not much link with the Pakistan Taliban or the Tehreek-e-Taliban as it has with other terror groups like Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba. That’s why; it is focusing on the Pakistani military establishment. LeT has also maintained its close ties with the Pakistan intelligence agency, ISI, and is a key tool.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory