LeT provides training to Taliban to attack India
New Delhi: Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), one of the largest and most active Islamist militant organizations in South Asia, has started providing training to Taliban militants to attack India.
According to the recent intelligence reports from Pakistan, Lashkar-e-Taiba is now targeting Taliban militants as recruits and has raised concerns in the Indian security establishment.
”LeT has been training 130 Taliban militants who have surrendered to the Pakistan establishment. The training programme is being held at an "institute" in Lahore and has been going on for the last three months and is still going on,” Officials tracking developments in Pakistan said.
This development in LeT activities could lead to a complete new ways to terrorist attacks in India. These militants could be used to do LeT`s work in India and Afghanistan as they are already motivated.
Minister of State for external affairs, Preneet Kaur said on Saturday,`` India may share this information with Pakistan in the next bilateral-talks. India will resume talks with Pakistan to raise its terrorism concerns. Also, the Foreign Secretary-level talks do not have the complete support of the government with Pakistan.
LeT has not much link with the Pakistan Taliban or the Tehreek-e-Taliban as it has with other terror groups like Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Sipah-e-Sahaba. That’s why; it is focusing on the Pakistani military establishment. LeT has also maintained its close ties with the Pakistan intelligence agency, ISI, and is a key tool.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!