LK Advani praises Narendra Modi for providing good governance
Salem (TN): BJP leader L K Advani on Thursday praised Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the same breath saying the two chief ministers have provided good governance in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
The remarks were significant as Advani, who is not on the best of terms with Modi and had even resigned from all party posts after he was made the poll campaign head, yesterday skipped a crucial meeting of party with RSS in the national capital though the BJP said it was because of his prior commitments.
The BJP leader said states where BJP was in power, be it the Narendra Modi-led government in Gujarat or Shivraj Singh Chouhan in Madhya Pradesh, were doing good. He said the party will go the people in the coming Lok Sabha polls on the plank of good governance.
Advani said be it Modi government or Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s or Raman Singh`s, they were giving good governance.
He asked the people to compare all the governments and think who can give honest governance and people oriented and efficient governance.
"The six-year NDA rule will outbeat UPA hands down," he claimed.
Moreover, there is no comparison to the governments of Modi and Chouhan, who were doing good job, he said.
Advani said he was keenly following the UPA rule for the last three years and since the Commonwealth games, two issues have come to the fore that of inflation and corruption.
The party will go to the people and ask them to compare the NDA rule and BJP-led governments in the states with UPA govt in the coming elections, he said.
Advani was participating in a condolence meeting for the party`s Tamil Nadu BJP general secretary V Ramesh who was murdered on July 19.
He said he looked forward to a spectacular results in the coming assembly elections and Lok Sabha polls in hundred days and 200 days respectively.
Advani had today skipped a crucial meeting of RSS and BJP leaders in Delhi post his public fall-out over elevation of Modi as head of party campaign committee for the 2014 polls.
BJP president Rajnath Singh said Advani was not present at the Delhi meeting due to prior commitments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried