Lokpal bill could be tabled in Monsoon Session
New Delhi: The much-hyped Lokpal bill could be tabled in Rajya Sabha in the ongoing monsoon session if a parliamentary panel looking into the legislation gives its report before the end of the session, the government said on Thursday.
"I am told that the select committee could probably give its report on Lokpal bill by September three. If it happens, we will bring the bill", Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters here.
He said a total of 118 bills of the government were in various stages and much would depend on the recommendations of standing committees and the time available for their introduction or tabling in either House of Parliament.
Lokpal bill was passed in Lok Sabha during the winter session last year.
It was referred to a Rajya Sabha select committee after several opposition members moved various amendments to the legislation.
The select committee has so far taken the views of Department of Personnel and Training, Law Ministry and CBI on the proposed amendments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath