Lokpal bill could be tabled in Monsoon Session
New Delhi: The much-hyped Lokpal bill could be tabled in Rajya Sabha in the ongoing monsoon session if a parliamentary panel looking into the legislation gives its report before the end of the session, the government said on Thursday.
"I am told that the select committee could probably give its report on Lokpal bill by September three. If it happens, we will bring the bill", Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters here.
He said a total of 118 bills of the government were in various stages and much would depend on the recommendations of standing committees and the time available for their introduction or tabling in either House of Parliament.
Lokpal bill was passed in Lok Sabha during the winter session last year.
It was referred to a Rajya Sabha select committee after several opposition members moved various amendments to the legislation.
The select committee has so far taken the views of Department of Personnel and Training, Law Ministry and CBI on the proposed amendments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam