Lokpal bill could be tabled in Monsoon Session
New Delhi: The much-hyped Lokpal bill could be tabled in Rajya Sabha in the ongoing monsoon session if a parliamentary panel looking into the legislation gives its report before the end of the session, the government said on Thursday.
"I am told that the select committee could probably give its report on Lokpal bill by September three. If it happens, we will bring the bill", Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters here.
He said a total of 118 bills of the government were in various stages and much would depend on the recommendations of standing committees and the time available for their introduction or tabling in either House of Parliament.
Lokpal bill was passed in Lok Sabha during the winter session last year.
It was referred to a Rajya Sabha select committee after several opposition members moved various amendments to the legislation.
The select committee has so far taken the views of Department of Personnel and Training, Law Ministry and CBI on the proposed amendments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan