Lone RS member from Mizoram not to vote for UPA on FDI issue
Aizawl: Lone member of the Rajya Sabha from Mizoram Lalhming Liana on Friday said he would not support the UPA government when voting takes place in the upper house on FDI in retail today.
Liana told a news agency that the Congress being the main opponent of his Mizo National Front (MNF), he could not support the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
Though the MNF, the main opposition party in Mizoram, had snapped ties with the NDA five years back due to differences on secular issues, it continued to oppose the UPA government in Parliament.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga had said yesterday that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India