Lone RS member from Mizoram not to vote for UPA on FDI issue
Aizawl: Lone member of the Rajya Sabha from Mizoram Lalhming Liana on Friday said he would not support the UPA government when voting takes place in the upper house on FDI in retail today.
Liana told a news agency that the Congress being the main opponent of his Mizo National Front (MNF), he could not support the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
Though the MNF, the main opposition party in Mizoram, had snapped ties with the NDA five years back due to differences on secular issues, it continued to oppose the UPA government in Parliament.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga had said yesterday that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18