Lone RS member from Mizoram not to vote for UPA on FDI issue
Aizawl: Lone member of the Rajya Sabha from Mizoram Lalhming Liana on Friday said he would not support the UPA government when voting takes place in the upper house on FDI in retail today.
Liana told a news agency that the Congress being the main opponent of his Mizo National Front (MNF), he could not support the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
Though the MNF, the main opposition party in Mizoram, had snapped ties with the NDA five years back due to differences on secular issues, it continued to oppose the UPA government in Parliament.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga had said yesterday that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi