Lone RS member from Mizoram not to vote for UPA on FDI issue
Aizawl: Lone member of the Rajya Sabha from Mizoram Lalhming Liana on Friday said he would not support the UPA government when voting takes place in the upper house on FDI in retail today.
Liana told a news agency that the Congress being the main opponent of his Mizo National Front (MNF), he could not support the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
Though the MNF, the main opposition party in Mizoram, had snapped ties with the NDA five years back due to differences on secular issues, it continued to oppose the UPA government in Parliament.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga had said yesterday that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September