Lone RS member from Mizoram not to vote for UPA on FDI issue
Aizawl: Lone member of the Rajya Sabha from Mizoram Lalhming Liana on Friday said he would not support the UPA government when voting takes place in the upper house on FDI in retail today.
Liana told a news agency that the Congress being the main opponent of his Mizo National Front (MNF), he could not support the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
Though the MNF, the main opposition party in Mizoram, had snapped ties with the NDA five years back due to differences on secular issues, it continued to oppose the UPA government in Parliament.
Former chief minister and president of the MNF Zoramthanga had said yesterday that Liana was free to cast his vote according to his conscience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!