Lt Gen Hooda new GOC of 16 corps
Jammu: Lt Gen D S Hooda on Thursday took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the 16 Corps, one of the most prestigious corps in the Northern Command headquartered in Nagrota near Jammu.
Lt Gen Hooda took over as the 26th GOC of the White Knight Corps (16 Corps), PRO Defence, Col R K Palta said.
In a solemn ceremony held at the Corps Headquarters, Lt Gen A S Nandal handed over the baton to the Lt Gen Hooda, he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Lt Gen Nandal complimented all ranks of the Corps for their support during his command.
Lt Gen Hooda was commissioned in the 4th Gorkha Rifles and has a vast experience of counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations, Col Palta said.
He has held a number of important command, staff and instructional appointments, including that of the Chief Logistics Officer in the United Nations Peace Keeping Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea, and the Deputy Director General Military Operations in the Army Headquarters.
Lt Gen Hooda has commanded an Infantry Brigade in the high altitude area and a mountain division in the North East region, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope