Lt Gen Hooda new GOC of 16 corps
Jammu: Lt Gen D S Hooda on Thursday took over as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the 16 Corps, one of the most prestigious corps in the Northern Command headquartered in Nagrota near Jammu.
Lt Gen Hooda took over as the 26th GOC of the White Knight Corps (16 Corps), PRO Defence, Col R K Palta said.
In a solemn ceremony held at the Corps Headquarters, Lt Gen A S Nandal handed over the baton to the Lt Gen Hooda, he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Lt Gen Nandal complimented all ranks of the Corps for their support during his command.
Lt Gen Hooda was commissioned in the 4th Gorkha Rifles and has a vast experience of counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations, Col Palta said.
He has held a number of important command, staff and instructional appointments, including that of the Chief Logistics Officer in the United Nations Peace Keeping Mission in Ethiopia and Eritrea, and the Deputy Director General Military Operations in the Army Headquarters.
Lt Gen Hooda has commanded an Infantry Brigade in the high altitude area and a mountain division in the North East region, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened