Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif invite each other for official visits
New York: Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan on Sunday extended invitations to each other for official visits as they meet here for the first time to discuss ways to normalise bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif at New York`s Palace Hotel in midtown Manhattan on the margins on UN General Assembly session.
"Sharif invited Prime Minister Singh to visit Pakistan and Singh invited Sharif to visit India. Both accepted the invitations," National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon said during a media briefing after the meeting.
"No dates have been set yet," he said.
Prime Minister Singh`s ancestral hometown is at Gah in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
Sharif had earlier said that he would be happy to welcome Singh in Pakistan to visit ancestral hometown in Gah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you