Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif invite each other for official visits
New York: Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan on Sunday extended invitations to each other for official visits as they meet here for the first time to discuss ways to normalise bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif at New York`s Palace Hotel in midtown Manhattan on the margins on UN General Assembly session.
"Sharif invited Prime Minister Singh to visit Pakistan and Singh invited Sharif to visit India. Both accepted the invitations," National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon said during a media briefing after the meeting.
"No dates have been set yet," he said.
Prime Minister Singh`s ancestral hometown is at Gah in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
Sharif had earlier said that he would be happy to welcome Singh in Pakistan to visit ancestral hometown in Gah.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife