Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif invite each other for official visits
New York: Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan on Sunday extended invitations to each other for official visits as they meet here for the first time to discuss ways to normalise bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif at New York`s Palace Hotel in midtown Manhattan on the margins on UN General Assembly session.
"Sharif invited Prime Minister Singh to visit Pakistan and Singh invited Sharif to visit India. Both accepted the invitations," National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon said during a media briefing after the meeting.
"No dates have been set yet," he said.
Prime Minister Singh`s ancestral hometown is at Gah in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
Sharif had earlier said that he would be happy to welcome Singh in Pakistan to visit ancestral hometown in Gah.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why