Mayawati, Left want PM, CBI under Lokpal
New Delhi: A day before an all-party meet on the Lokpal issue here, the CPI(M) and BSP on Tuesday categorically spelled out their stand.
CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury today said they want the Prime Minister as well as the CBI to come under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yechury added that the Group C and D government employees should also come under Lokpal.
The Left has been pursuing an effective Lokpal for almost two decades, he added.
The CPI(M) made its stand clear hours after BSP chief Mayawati too pitched for bringing the PM, CBI and all government employees under Lokpal.
Mayawati said the Lokpal should have control over the CBI so as to prevent its misuse by Central governments.
“I am also a victim of misuse of CBI in the Taj Corridor case,” she told reporters.
She also demanded proper representation of all backward sections of society in the Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning