Mayawati, Left want PM, CBI under Lokpal
New Delhi: A day before an all-party meet on the Lokpal issue here, the CPI(M) and BSP on Tuesday categorically spelled out their stand.
CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury today said they want the Prime Minister as well as the CBI to come under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yechury added that the Group C and D government employees should also come under Lokpal.
The Left has been pursuing an effective Lokpal for almost two decades, he added.
The CPI(M) made its stand clear hours after BSP chief Mayawati too pitched for bringing the PM, CBI and all government employees under Lokpal.
Mayawati said the Lokpal should have control over the CBI so as to prevent its misuse by Central governments.
“I am also a victim of misuse of CBI in the Taj Corridor case,” she told reporters.
She also demanded proper representation of all backward sections of society in the Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details