Mayawati, Left want PM, CBI under Lokpal
New Delhi: A day before an all-party meet on the Lokpal issue here, the CPI(M) and BSP on Tuesday categorically spelled out their stand.
CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury today said they want the Prime Minister as well as the CBI to come under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yechury added that the Group C and D government employees should also come under Lokpal.
The Left has been pursuing an effective Lokpal for almost two decades, he added.
The CPI(M) made its stand clear hours after BSP chief Mayawati too pitched for bringing the PM, CBI and all government employees under Lokpal.
Mayawati said the Lokpal should have control over the CBI so as to prevent its misuse by Central governments.
“I am also a victim of misuse of CBI in the Taj Corridor case,” she told reporters.
She also demanded proper representation of all backward sections of society in the Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire