Mecca Masjid blast: CBI quizzes RSS leader Indresh
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar was questioned by the CBI on Thursday in connection with the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderbad that killed nine people.
After arriving at the CBI office in the afternoon, Kumar told reporters that he had full faith in the country`s institutions. "I am sure I will be fully proved innocent," he said.
The CBI summoned Kumar after his name figured in the case registered by the CBI though he is not named an accused.
Lokesh Sharma, Ramji Kalsangre, Sandeep Dange, Shivam Dhakad, Samandar and Pragya Singh Thakur - an accused in the Malegaon blast - were invited to Jaipur on October 31, 2005 by RSS office bearer Sunil Joshi.
In 2007, a bomb blast inside Mecca Masjid claimed nine lives. Five more people died in police firing following the blast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview