Mecca Masjid blast: CBI quizzes RSS leader Indresh
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar was questioned by the CBI on Thursday in connection with the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderbad that killed nine people.
After arriving at the CBI office in the afternoon, Kumar told reporters that he had full faith in the country`s institutions. "I am sure I will be fully proved innocent," he said.
The CBI summoned Kumar after his name figured in the case registered by the CBI though he is not named an accused.
Lokesh Sharma, Ramji Kalsangre, Sandeep Dange, Shivam Dhakad, Samandar and Pragya Singh Thakur - an accused in the Malegaon blast - were invited to Jaipur on October 31, 2005 by RSS office bearer Sunil Joshi.
In 2007, a bomb blast inside Mecca Masjid claimed nine lives. Five more people died in police firing following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city