Mecca Masjid blast: CBI quizzes RSS leader Indresh
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar was questioned by the CBI on Thursday in connection with the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderbad that killed nine people.
After arriving at the CBI office in the afternoon, Kumar told reporters that he had full faith in the country`s institutions. "I am sure I will be fully proved innocent," he said.
The CBI summoned Kumar after his name figured in the case registered by the CBI though he is not named an accused.
Lokesh Sharma, Ramji Kalsangre, Sandeep Dange, Shivam Dhakad, Samandar and Pragya Singh Thakur - an accused in the Malegaon blast - were invited to Jaipur on October 31, 2005 by RSS office bearer Sunil Joshi.
In 2007, a bomb blast inside Mecca Masjid claimed nine lives. Five more people died in police firing following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported