Metro, bus fare hike justified: Dikshit
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Wednesday justified the metro fare hike, saying the Delhi Metro
needs financial resources to offer better facilities to the
people of the city.
"When facilities are provided, expenditure is required
...from where the Government will get the money?," Dikshit
Delhi government and the Centre have equal partnership in
the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
After the bus fare hike, the DMRC also increased the fare
on Metro trains, effecting nearly 36 per cent increase across
The minimum fare of Rs six has been increased to Rs eight
while the maximum will be Rs 30 instead of Rs 22.
The Delhi Government had last month increased fares of
DTC as well as Blueline buses.
Dikshit also justified the bus fare hike, saying the
revision of bus fare was done after a long gap of eight years.
"The bus fare was increased after eight years. How much
has your salary increased in the last eight years," she
questioned a journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday