Mid-air scare as AI plane door not properly locked
New Delhi: Passengers of an Air India flight from Jeddah to Mumbai on Friday had a mid-air scare when it was flown back after a cockpit panel showed that one of the doors was not properly locked.
The Boeing 747 -- AI 964 -- was flown back to the Saudi Arabian city and after a delay of two hours it took off again and landed in Mumbai safely.
Sources said as soon as it took off from Jeddah, the cockpit panel showed that door was not properly locked, prompting the pilot to fly back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised