Minimum temperatures settle above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures settled above normal limits in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday with mercury rising by three notches above normal in certain areas of the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal settled at a low of 8.9 degrees Celsius followed by nine degrees Celsius each at Narnaul and Patiala, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana, Bhiwani and Ambala recorded an identical low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, while the minimum at Hisar was 9.5 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar had a low of 10.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal followed by 10.9 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, two notches above normal.
The Met office has forecast partly cloudy sky with possibility of thunder showers during the next 24 hours in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement