Minimum temperatures settle above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures settled above normal limits in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday with mercury rising by three notches above normal in certain areas of the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal settled at a low of 8.9 degrees Celsius followed by nine degrees Celsius each at Narnaul and Patiala, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana, Bhiwani and Ambala recorded an identical low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, while the minimum at Hisar was 9.5 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar had a low of 10.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal followed by 10.9 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, two notches above normal.
The Met office has forecast partly cloudy sky with possibility of thunder showers during the next 24 hours in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America