Minimum temperatures settle above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: The minimum temperatures settled above normal limits in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Thursday with mercury rising by three notches above normal in certain areas of the region.
The minimum temperature hovered between one to three degrees Celsius above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Karnal settled at a low of 8.9 degrees Celsius followed by nine degrees Celsius each at Narnaul and Patiala, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana, Bhiwani and Ambala recorded an identical low of 10.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, while the minimum at Hisar was 9.5 degrees Celsius.
Among other places, Amritsar had a low of 10.6 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal followed by 10.9 degrees Celsius at Chandigarh, two notches above normal.
The Met office has forecast partly cloudy sky with possibility of thunder showers during the next 24 hours in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog