Mining scam: Goa CM meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of
allegations pertaining to illegal mining, Goa Chief Minister
Digambar Kamat has met Congress president Sonia Gandhi here.
Though the Kamat government has been facing heat over
alleged instances of illegal mining in the state, the change
of leadership is not on the cards at least till Justice MB
Shah Commission probing illegal mining submits its report,
However, Kamat said his meeting with Sonia Gandhi
yesterday was a courtesy call.
"I had not met her after she came back from treatment. It
was just a courtesy call to convey good wishes of the people
from Goa," Kamat said.
Kamat`s Delhi visit assumed significance as the
Congress-led government is pushed to the corner over
allegations of illegal mining.
A report by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) led by
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has estimated the mining
scam to the tune of Rs 4,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29