Mining scam: Goa CM meets Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of
allegations pertaining to illegal mining, Goa Chief Minister
Digambar Kamat has met Congress president Sonia Gandhi here.
Though the Kamat government has been facing heat over
alleged instances of illegal mining in the state, the change
of leadership is not on the cards at least till Justice MB
Shah Commission probing illegal mining submits its report,
However, Kamat said his meeting with Sonia Gandhi
yesterday was a courtesy call.
"I had not met her after she came back from treatment. It
was just a courtesy call to convey good wishes of the people
from Goa," Kamat said.
Kamat`s Delhi visit assumed significance as the
Congress-led government is pushed to the corner over
allegations of illegal mining.
A report by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) led by
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar has estimated the mining
scam to the tune of Rs 4,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth