Minority quota: Backward class threatens stir
Hyderabad: Opposing the Center`s decision to
provide 4.5 per cent reservation to minorities from within the
27 per cent quota for OBCs, backward class associations in
Andhra Pradesh today said they will hold agitations over the
"We are not against providing reservations for
minorities. We have no objection even if 10 per cent, instead
of 4.5 per cent, reservation is given to minorities. But it
should not be from the 27 per cent OBC quota... We will oppose
this," R Krishnaiah, the leader of AP State Backward Classes
Welfare Association, said in a release.
The backward class associations would organise protests
at the offices of district collectors on December 30, it said.
Demanding that all political parties clarify their stand
on the issue, the release said the backward class associations
would organise a meeting with all parties soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video