Modi, Chouhan role models for development: Advani
Shahdol: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday alleged the Congress-led UPA government was mired in scams while Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan were emerging as "role models for development".
"This is happening at a time when two BJP Chief Ministers, Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan, had emerged as role models for development," he said at a function here.
Earlier today, Advani inaugurated a scheme for providing 24-hour electricity to villages in the Anuppur, Shahdol and Umaria districts of Madhya Pradesh.
In his speech, he recalled the six `yatras` he had undertaken during his long political career and admitted that though people can be moved by issues of religion and temple, it was development that really brought them together.
The states ruled by Modi and Chouhan were among the top-ranking ones when it came to development, he said.
Advani expressed confidence that Chouhan would manage a hat-trick by winning the assembly elections later this year in Madhya Pradesh.
Chouhan should bring out a booklet titled `Turn-around of Madhya Pradesh`, he said.
Chouhan listed the achievements of his government in his speech. The function was also addressed by state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research