Modi, Chouhan role models for development: Advani
Shahdol: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday alleged the Congress-led UPA government was mired in scams while Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan were emerging as "role models for development".
"This is happening at a time when two BJP Chief Ministers, Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan, had emerged as role models for development," he said at a function here.
Earlier today, Advani inaugurated a scheme for providing 24-hour electricity to villages in the Anuppur, Shahdol and Umaria districts of Madhya Pradesh.
In his speech, he recalled the six `yatras` he had undertaken during his long political career and admitted that though people can be moved by issues of religion and temple, it was development that really brought them together.
The states ruled by Modi and Chouhan were among the top-ranking ones when it came to development, he said.
Advani expressed confidence that Chouhan would manage a hat-trick by winning the assembly elections later this year in Madhya Pradesh.
Chouhan should bring out a booklet titled `Turn-around of Madhya Pradesh`, he said.
Chouhan listed the achievements of his government in his speech. The function was also addressed by state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption