Modi, Chouhan role models for development: Advani
Shahdol: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Saturday alleged the Congress-led UPA government was mired in scams while Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan were emerging as "role models for development".
"This is happening at a time when two BJP Chief Ministers, Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan, had emerged as role models for development," he said at a function here.
Earlier today, Advani inaugurated a scheme for providing 24-hour electricity to villages in the Anuppur, Shahdol and Umaria districts of Madhya Pradesh.
In his speech, he recalled the six `yatras` he had undertaken during his long political career and admitted that though people can be moved by issues of religion and temple, it was development that really brought them together.
The states ruled by Modi and Chouhan were among the top-ranking ones when it came to development, he said.
Advani expressed confidence that Chouhan would manage a hat-trick by winning the assembly elections later this year in Madhya Pradesh.
Chouhan should bring out a booklet titled `Turn-around of Madhya Pradesh`, he said.
Chouhan listed the achievements of his government in his speech. The function was also addressed by state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp