More than 7,000 grenade igniter sets recalled by CRPF: Govt
New Delhi: The CRPF has recalled more than 7,000 igniter sets used in hand grenades due to defects, the government told Parliament Tuesday.
"CRPF has recalled 7,111 number of `igniter set 4 second delay` used as an accessory in hand grenades due to defects."
"The `igniter set 4 second delay` held with CRPF, manufactured by High Explosives Factory Kirki (HEFK), were subjected to proof testing. Out of 79 lots supplied by the factory, 59 lots have passed in proof test," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
"Out of 59 lots which have passed in proof test, one `igniter set 4 second delay` blasted prematurely on October 15, 2012. Total ten personnel were injured and one personnel was killed in four different incidents in CRPF due to malfunctioning of `igniter sets`," he said.
The Minister said Central Reserve Police Force has imposed a ban on use of about 1,70,000 `igniter sets` manufactured by HEFK and Sashastra Seema Bal has also segregated 36,983 `igniter set 4 second delay` due to manufacturing defects.
"Inquiry on all the incidents have been ordered by CRPF. The `igniter sets` held with the CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces) have been inspected by a team of experts from CAPFs and segregated the defective sets.
"The Ordnance Factory Board, which had manufactured and supplied the grenades, has been requested to investigate the matter and take necessary action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday