Morning fog impacts R-Day parade spectators, flight schedules
New Delhi: A thick layer of fog enveloped
the national capital this morning depriving spectators a clear
view of the Republic Day parade even though the maximum and
minimum temperatures rose by one degree each from the average.
According to the Met department, the maximum temperature
in the city was recorded at 22.8 degrees Celsius as against
yesterday`s 24 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature also dropped to 9.4 degrees
Celsius from 10.3 degrees Celsius of the previous day.
However, the maximum and minimum temperatures were one
point above the average recorded on the day.
The foggy atmosphere in the morning, which gave some
inconvenience to spectators of the R-Day parade, however,
cleared up later in the day.
Flight operations at IGI airport here were suspended with
over 50 international and domestic services being affected due
to fog and poor visibility. The train services were also badly
affected due to fog cover.
The weatherman has predicted a foggy morning again
tomorrow with the sky expected to clear up later in the day.
The maximum and minimum temperatures will hover between 23 and
8 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police