Morning fog impacts R-Day parade spectators, flight schedules
New Delhi: A thick layer of fog enveloped
the national capital this morning depriving spectators a clear
view of the Republic Day parade even though the maximum and
minimum temperatures rose by one degree each from the average.
According to the Met department, the maximum temperature
in the city was recorded at 22.8 degrees Celsius as against
yesterday`s 24 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature also dropped to 9.4 degrees
Celsius from 10.3 degrees Celsius of the previous day.
However, the maximum and minimum temperatures were one
point above the average recorded on the day.
The foggy atmosphere in the morning, which gave some
inconvenience to spectators of the R-Day parade, however,
cleared up later in the day.
Flight operations at IGI airport here were suspended with
over 50 international and domestic services being affected due
to fog and poor visibility. The train services were also badly
affected due to fog cover.
The weatherman has predicted a foggy morning again
tomorrow with the sky expected to clear up later in the day.
The maximum and minimum temperatures will hover between 23 and
8 degrees Celsius respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'