Morning fog impacts R-Day parade spectators, flight schedules
New Delhi: A thick layer of fog enveloped
the national capital this morning depriving spectators a clear
view of the Republic Day parade even though the maximum and
minimum temperatures rose by one degree each from the average.
According to the Met department, the maximum temperature
in the city was recorded at 22.8 degrees Celsius as against
yesterday`s 24 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature also dropped to 9.4 degrees
Celsius from 10.3 degrees Celsius of the previous day.
However, the maximum and minimum temperatures were one
point above the average recorded on the day.
The foggy atmosphere in the morning, which gave some
inconvenience to spectators of the R-Day parade, however,
cleared up later in the day.
Flight operations at IGI airport here were suspended with
over 50 international and domestic services being affected due
to fog and poor visibility. The train services were also badly
affected due to fog cover.
The weatherman has predicted a foggy morning again
tomorrow with the sky expected to clear up later in the day.
The maximum and minimum temperatures will hover between 23 and
8 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla