MP Govt issues notice to VC over Rahul`s meeting
Bhopal: Taking the issue of allowing
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to use university campus in
Indore for a political programme seriously, Madhya Pradesh
Government today issued show-cause notice to the Vice
Chancellor (VC) of DAVV.
In the show-cause notice issued to the VC of Devi
Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya (DAVV), the State`s Higher
Education Department wanted to know from the university
administration that how it has granted permission for holding
such a political programme on its own without bringing the
matter to the knowledge of the state government.
It can be recalled that on January 19, Rahul had
interacted with the students of the DAVV in the university
auditorium with an objective to encourage youths to join
politics through Congress frontal organisations (NSUI and YC).
ABVP has objected to the permission given by the
University administration to the Congress Party for holding
the meeting of Rahul.
During his two day (January 18-19) visit to Madhya
Pradesh, Rahul interacted with the students at Gwalior, Sagar,
Jabalpur, Bhopal and Indore. Except Indore, rest of the
institutes excluding Jabalpur are governed by the Centre. In
Jabalpur, his programme was held in a missionary institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!