MP Govt issues notice to VC over Rahul`s meeting
Bhopal: Taking the issue of allowing
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to use university campus in
Indore for a political programme seriously, Madhya Pradesh
Government today issued show-cause notice to the Vice
Chancellor (VC) of DAVV.
In the show-cause notice issued to the VC of Devi
Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya (DAVV), the State`s Higher
Education Department wanted to know from the university
administration that how it has granted permission for holding
such a political programme on its own without bringing the
matter to the knowledge of the state government.
It can be recalled that on January 19, Rahul had
interacted with the students of the DAVV in the university
auditorium with an objective to encourage youths to join
politics through Congress frontal organisations (NSUI and YC).
ABVP has objected to the permission given by the
University administration to the Congress Party for holding
the meeting of Rahul.
During his two day (January 18-19) visit to Madhya
Pradesh, Rahul interacted with the students at Gwalior, Sagar,
Jabalpur, Bhopal and Indore. Except Indore, rest of the
institutes excluding Jabalpur are governed by the Centre. In
Jabalpur, his programme was held in a missionary institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS