Mukul to pursue Mamata`s Vision 2020 for railways
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mukul Roy Thursday said he would take his Trinamool party chief Mamata Banerjee`s Vision 2020 forward and deepen the agenda of inclusive growth.
"We will take the Vision 2020 forward," Roy said while replying to a debate on the demand for grants of the ministry 2012-13, which were passed by the Lok Sabha Thursday.
Roy replaced as railway minister his party`s Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign after his move to hike fares angered Mamata Banerjee.
Roy listed safety of the network, reduction in number of accidents and elimination of unmanned level crossings in a time-bound manner as priority areas.
He also mentioned pursuing the public private partnership model for developmental projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof