Mukul to pursue Mamata`s Vision 2020 for railways
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mukul Roy Thursday said he would take his Trinamool party chief Mamata Banerjee`s Vision 2020 forward and deepen the agenda of inclusive growth.
"We will take the Vision 2020 forward," Roy said while replying to a debate on the demand for grants of the ministry 2012-13, which were passed by the Lok Sabha Thursday.
Roy replaced as railway minister his party`s Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign after his move to hike fares angered Mamata Banerjee.
Roy listed safety of the network, reduction in number of accidents and elimination of unmanned level crossings in a time-bound manner as priority areas.
He also mentioned pursuing the public private partnership model for developmental projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly