Mukul to pursue Mamata`s Vision 2020 for railways
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mukul Roy Thursday said he would take his Trinamool party chief Mamata Banerjee`s Vision 2020 forward and deepen the agenda of inclusive growth.
"We will take the Vision 2020 forward," Roy said while replying to a debate on the demand for grants of the ministry 2012-13, which were passed by the Lok Sabha Thursday.
Roy replaced as railway minister his party`s Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign after his move to hike fares angered Mamata Banerjee.
Roy listed safety of the network, reduction in number of accidents and elimination of unmanned level crossings in a time-bound manner as priority areas.
He also mentioned pursuing the public private partnership model for developmental projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered