Mukul to pursue Mamata`s Vision 2020 for railways
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mukul Roy Thursday said he would take his Trinamool party chief Mamata Banerjee`s Vision 2020 forward and deepen the agenda of inclusive growth.
"We will take the Vision 2020 forward," Roy said while replying to a debate on the demand for grants of the ministry 2012-13, which were passed by the Lok Sabha Thursday.
Roy replaced as railway minister his party`s Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign after his move to hike fares angered Mamata Banerjee.
Roy listed safety of the network, reduction in number of accidents and elimination of unmanned level crossings in a time-bound manner as priority areas.
He also mentioned pursuing the public private partnership model for developmental projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why