Mukul to pursue Mamata`s Vision 2020 for railways
New Delhi: Railway Minister Mukul Roy Thursday said he would take his Trinamool party chief Mamata Banerjee`s Vision 2020 forward and deepen the agenda of inclusive growth.
"We will take the Vision 2020 forward," Roy said while replying to a debate on the demand for grants of the ministry 2012-13, which were passed by the Lok Sabha Thursday.
Roy replaced as railway minister his party`s Dinesh Trivedi, who had to resign after his move to hike fares angered Mamata Banerjee.
Roy listed safety of the network, reduction in number of accidents and elimination of unmanned level crossings in a time-bound manner as priority areas.
He also mentioned pursuing the public private partnership model for developmental projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez