Mumbai attacks grim reminder of volatile neighbourhood: Antony
New Delhi: As the nation observed the second anniversary of the Mumbai attacks, Defence Minister AK Antony on Friday said the terror strike was "a grim reminder" of the volatile neighbourhood and called for constant vigil.
Antony expressed the nation`s resolve not to allow a repeat of the 26/11-type mayhem in the country.
"It (Mumbai terror strike) is a grim reminder of the volatile and perilous state of our neighbourhood and thereby, the need for constant vigil," he said.
In a message here, Antony said his thoughts went out to the families of the 26/11 victims and the extraordinarily brave security personnel who lost their lives in the carnage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan