Muslims leading miserable lives in India: Azam Khan
Lucknow: In a remark that could spark a controversy, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Azam Khan has said that Muslims across India are leading miserable lives.
Hitting out at Narendra Modi-government, the Samajwadi Party leader has been quoted as saying by a news website that the ruler of the country does not want Muslims to progress.
The minister further referred to a controversial remark made by Giriraj Singh, a BJP leader from Bihar, at an election rally in Jharkhand and said the government was formed by telling the Muslims opposed to Narendra Modi to go to Pakistan. But the government did not specify how should they go, he added.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border