Muslims leading miserable lives in India: Azam Khan
Lucknow: In a remark that could spark a controversy, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Azam Khan has said that Muslims across India are leading miserable lives.
Hitting out at Narendra Modi-government, the Samajwadi Party leader has been quoted as saying by a news website that the ruler of the country does not want Muslims to progress.
The minister further referred to a controversial remark made by Giriraj Singh, a BJP leader from Bihar, at an election rally in Jharkhand and said the government was formed by telling the Muslims opposed to Narendra Modi to go to Pakistan. But the government did not specify how should they go, he added.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH