Muslims leading miserable lives in India: Azam Khan
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: In a remark that could spark a controversy, Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister Azam Khan has said that Muslims across India are leading miserable lives.
Hitting out at Narendra Modi-government, the Samajwadi Party leader has been quoted as saying by a news website that the ruler of the country does not want Muslims to progress.
The minister further referred to a controversial remark made by Giriraj Singh, a BJP leader from Bihar, at an election rally in Jharkhand and said the government was formed by telling the Muslims opposed to Narendra Modi to go to Pakistan. But the government did not specify how should they go, he added.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them