Naidu slams Cong for "silence" at AICC session
Hyderabad: BJP MP and senior party leader
M Venkaiah Naidu today criticised the Congress for its "complete silence" at the AICC session on burning issues that the country has been facing.
"Self praise, accusation, running away from
responsibility and misleading the common man were the
four-point formula adopted by Congress in its AICC session,"
Naidu told reporters here.
The Congress had no issues to discuss in its session
as it has totally failed to control prise rise, curbing of
terrorist violence and Naxal menace. It tried to divert
people`s attention from its failure, he alleged.
The BJP leader accused the ruling Congress by saying
that it has become totally insensitive to the suffering of common man on whose name it got elected.
"In the AICC session senior leaders indulged in "self
praise" and right from party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and
youth leader Rahul Gandhi have ignored to talk on basic
problems of the country like price rise, terrorism and
Naxalism," Naidu said.
"Instead of taking action against organisations
involved in anti-national activities, Arundhati Roy and
Geelani for their most objectionable speeches, the UPA
government was making accusation on RSS which is a nationalist
organisation," he said.
BJP state party chief G Kishan Reddy and former Union
Minister Bandaru Dattatreya were also present at the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report