Naidu slams Cong for "silence" at AICC session
Hyderabad: BJP MP and senior party leader
M Venkaiah Naidu today criticised the Congress for its "complete silence" at the AICC session on burning issues that the country has been facing.
"Self praise, accusation, running away from
responsibility and misleading the common man were the
four-point formula adopted by Congress in its AICC session,"
Naidu told reporters here.
The Congress had no issues to discuss in its session
as it has totally failed to control prise rise, curbing of
terrorist violence and Naxal menace. It tried to divert
people`s attention from its failure, he alleged.
The BJP leader accused the ruling Congress by saying
that it has become totally insensitive to the suffering of common man on whose name it got elected.
"In the AICC session senior leaders indulged in "self
praise" and right from party president Sonia Gandhi, Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and
youth leader Rahul Gandhi have ignored to talk on basic
problems of the country like price rise, terrorism and
Naxalism," Naidu said.
"Instead of taking action against organisations
involved in anti-national activities, Arundhati Roy and
Geelani for their most objectionable speeches, the UPA
government was making accusation on RSS which is a nationalist
organisation," he said.
BJP state party chief G Kishan Reddy and former Union
Minister Bandaru Dattatreya were also present at the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof