Narayanan denies suppressing Rajiv killing video
Melbourne: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan has dismissed a former CBI officer`s claim that he as IB chief had suppressed a video purportedly showing Rajiv Gandhi`s assassin Dhanu at the public meeting at Sriperumbudur on the fateful day.
"I don`t know....I think he wants to sell his book," Narayanan, who is on a visit to Australia, told reporters.
His remarks came in response to a question on K Ragothaman`s claim in his latest book "Conspiracy to kill Rajiv Gandhi - From CBI files" that Narayanan, who was then IB chief, had suppressed the video which was shot by a local videographer hired by the organisers of that fateful public meeting.
Ragothaman, who probed the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, alleged that the issue was not pursued by then chief of the Special Investigation Team D R Karthikeyan and Narayanan was allowed to "go scot-free".
"There was whole inquiry ... And everything is over.. And someone writes a book.. There is nothing new," Narayanan said last night.
The West Bengal Governor was attending a dinner here organised by Australia India Institute ((AII) a part of its annual conference `Argumentative Indian`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!