Narendra Modi, Chouhan likely to join BJP parliamentary board
New Delhi: The BJP`s national executive Saturday authorised party chief Rajnath Singh to reconstitute the parliamentary board, clearing the way for Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh Chief Ministers Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh Chouhan to enter the party`s highest decision-making body, party sources said.
According to BJP sources, there are strong chances that Modi, a strong contender as the party`s prime ministerial candidate, may be included in the parliamentary board.
Chouhan may also be included in the panel, said the sources.
Besides the parliamentary board, Rajnath Singh is also expected to reconstitute the party`s election and disciplinary committees and announce new office bearers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'