Narendra Modi is disturbing country’s peaceful atmosphere: Congress
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: A day after serial blasts rocked the capital of Bihar ahead of BJP’s ‘Hunkar’ rally, the Congress said on Monday that the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has been polarizing the masses and creating a negative environment in the country.
As per reports, talking to mediapersons, Congress leader PC Chacko said that the way BJP’s prime ministerial candidate had been going around the country and polarizing the masses had created a negative environment in the country, which had in turn had disturbed the country’s peaceful atmosphere.
However, Chacko condemned the violence and said the Congress has been among one of the worst victims of political violence. At the same time he praised the Union Home Ministry for responding fast and sending a team from the national capital to Patna to investigate the blasts.
Multiple blasts rocked Patna yesterday just before Modi was to address a mega rally in the city’s Gandhi Maidan. Six people died due to the blasts and many others were injured. However, the BJP went ahead with the rally which was also attended by lakhs of people.
Two people have been arrested regarding the blasts and initial investigation point to the involvement of the Indian Mujahideen as the perpetrators, according to various reports.
The BJP said today that there was security lapse on part of the state administration and slammed it for not taking adequate measures for the high-profile rally. But Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said yesterday that the state police had taken care of security and there had been no specific intelligence inputs regarding a terror attack in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how