Narendra Modi is real `feku’: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his remarks relating to food security bill and education of youth, terming him "one who says empty words to impress".
Referring to allegations by Modi about the way Commonweath Games were organised, he said that the conduct of games was lauded internationally.
On the food security bill, Digvijay Singh said that the central government was providing a food subsidy of Rs 1,25,000 crores and had left selection of beneficiaries to the states.
"He (Modi) is playing to the gallery. He is real `feku’. He is not aware of facts," Digvijay Singh told a news channel.
Noting the central government had opened 5,000 ITIs in the last five years and thousands of skill development centres, he questioned Modi`s record of development in Gujarat, saying that the state had recorded double digit growth even in the 1990s.
"What has he done," he asked.
Modi on Sunday accused the Congress of cheating the people of the country by failing to keep its promise of poverty alleviation, announced by then prime minister Indira Gandhi in the 1970s.
Addressing functions at Pune, he claimed India had lost its respect on the international stage by the way it organised the Commonwealth Games.
Referring to the Congress, he said it believed in attaining power while the BJP believed in empowerment of people.
On the Food Security Bill, he said the central government was under the impression that the legislation itself will lead to food reaching the needy.
He claimed that China allotted 20 percent of its GDP to its educational system as against India`s four percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail