Narendra Modi is real `feku’: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his remarks relating to food security bill and education of youth, terming him "one who says empty words to impress".
Referring to allegations by Modi about the way Commonweath Games were organised, he said that the conduct of games was lauded internationally.
On the food security bill, Digvijay Singh said that the central government was providing a food subsidy of Rs 1,25,000 crores and had left selection of beneficiaries to the states.
"He (Modi) is playing to the gallery. He is real `feku’. He is not aware of facts," Digvijay Singh told a news channel.
Noting the central government had opened 5,000 ITIs in the last five years and thousands of skill development centres, he questioned Modi`s record of development in Gujarat, saying that the state had recorded double digit growth even in the 1990s.
"What has he done," he asked.
Modi on Sunday accused the Congress of cheating the people of the country by failing to keep its promise of poverty alleviation, announced by then prime minister Indira Gandhi in the 1970s.
Addressing functions at Pune, he claimed India had lost its respect on the international stage by the way it organised the Commonwealth Games.
Referring to the Congress, he said it believed in attaining power while the BJP believed in empowerment of people.
On the Food Security Bill, he said the central government was under the impression that the legislation itself will lead to food reaching the needy.
He claimed that China allotted 20 percent of its GDP to its educational system as against India`s four percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya