Narendra Modi is real `feku’: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday hit out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his remarks relating to food security bill and education of youth, terming him "one who says empty words to impress".
Referring to allegations by Modi about the way Commonweath Games were organised, he said that the conduct of games was lauded internationally.
On the food security bill, Digvijay Singh said that the central government was providing a food subsidy of Rs 1,25,000 crores and had left selection of beneficiaries to the states.
"He (Modi) is playing to the gallery. He is real `feku’. He is not aware of facts," Digvijay Singh told a news channel.
Noting the central government had opened 5,000 ITIs in the last five years and thousands of skill development centres, he questioned Modi`s record of development in Gujarat, saying that the state had recorded double digit growth even in the 1990s.
"What has he done," he asked.
Modi on Sunday accused the Congress of cheating the people of the country by failing to keep its promise of poverty alleviation, announced by then prime minister Indira Gandhi in the 1970s.
Addressing functions at Pune, he claimed India had lost its respect on the international stage by the way it organised the Commonwealth Games.
Referring to the Congress, he said it believed in attaining power while the BJP believed in empowerment of people.
On the Food Security Bill, he said the central government was under the impression that the legislation itself will lead to food reaching the needy.
He claimed that China allotted 20 percent of its GDP to its educational system as against India`s four percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video