Narendra Modi tries to divide everything between Hindus, Muslims: Digvijay Singh
Pune: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday charged Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of constantly endeavouring to divide the Hindu-Muslim communal harmony in the country.
“Narendra Modi tries to divide everything between Hindus and Muslims. He could have spoken on donning sheathe of secularism but he talked about wearing a veil of secularism. Therefore it was a religious remark made by him,” he told the media here.
Digvijay Singh said it is the communal Hindu and communal Muslim ideology only which creates Hindu-Muslims riots in this country.
“The Congress Party has always fought against this ideology of fundamentalism. Before the independence also, the Congress used to counter both the Muslim League as well as the ultra-Hindu factions. It was this very fanatic Hindu group who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi. We have always fought against that sort of communal ideology and will continue to do so,” he added.
Modi earlier on July 14 charged the ruling Congress Party with wearing the ‘burqa (veil) of secularism’ and ‘hiding in a bunker’ each time it is confronted with a crisis.
Addressing a public meeting in Pune, Modi also attacked Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on the issue of his party’s ‘failure’ to eradicate poverty and alleged that it was raising the bogey of ‘threat to secularism’ to throttle people’s aspirations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’