Narendra Modi`s allegation "falsehood": Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed as "falsehood" and "irresponsible" Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s allegation that Rs 1880 crore has been spent from the public exchequer on Sonia Gandhi`s foreign trips.
Reminding the Gujarat Chief Minister of a complaint made by Congress MPs before the Chief Vigilance Commissioner about alleged scams worth Rs 1 lakh crore during Modi`s tenure, party spokesperson Manish Tewari said" those living in glass houses do not pelt stones on others".
He dared Modi to face a court-monitored investigation into these allegations.
The war of words between Modi and Congress comes two days before Gandhi`s visit to Rajkot on Ocotber 3 to address a rally in the poll-bound state.
Addressing a rally in Jesar, Modi today said "to those Congress friends, who are accusing our government of uncontrolled expenditure, I want to ask: is it not true that on the foreign travels of the President of the Congress Party, Sonia Gandhi, in the past three years, Rs 1,880 crore has been spent from the public exchequer".
Hitting back, Tewari said at the AICC briefing that "it is only symptomatic of his (Modi`s )frustration."
Maintaining that he does not want to dignify any such utterance and "falsehood" by reacting to the comments of the Gujarat Chief Minister, Tewari said it was "extremely unfortunate that the people occupied responsible positions make such irresponsible" statements."
"If you recall, a delegation of Congress MPs had gone to the Chief Vigilance Commissioner some time back alleging scams worth Rs 1 lakh crore during 11 years of Modi`s tenure. If the Gujarat Chief Minister has the courage to explore the truth, he should offer himself to a court-monitored investigation into these allegations," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what