Narendra Modi`s emergence on national politics to benefit Cong: Farooq Abdullah
Jammu: Union Minister and National Conference chief Farooq Abdullah on Sunday said the advent of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the national scene will not pose a challenge to the Congress.
"Yes, Congress will gain in big way," the Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy told reporters when asked whether Congress will gain by Modi`s foray into the national politics.
"You don`t know Congress, they want Modi to come (to the Central politics). For them it will be a big thing if he enters the national politics. Congress is not afraid," he said.
Asked about Modi being termed as "Yamraj" by Congress, Farooq said, "His (Modi`s) fight is not with Farooq Abdullah, his battle is with those who are calling him Yamraj."
On his party`s preparation for the forthcoming elections, Farooq said that any decision will only be reached after both Congress and NC discuss the issues.
Asked about claims made by Pradesh Congress Committee Chief, Saifuddin Soz, that his party will emerge as the single largest party in the upcoming state elections, Farooq said, "It is his view, I have nothing to do with his view."
On the fissures between the Congress and NC, the senior leader said that it was the beauty of the democracy to "agree to disagree".
On Peoples Democratic Party`s absence from the Assembly during the just concluded Budget session, Farooq said, "They committed a mistake."
On the decisions taken by the party during NC central committees meeting yesterday, he said, "Number of decisions were taken, how to strengthen the party..... The way we have to move forward..... What do we do about various things that have not been done."
He though mentioned that it was difficult to be a part of the coalition set-up.
"Coalition is always tough. Coalition is tough because we have to take into consideration the views of our allies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!