Nation remembers Indira Gandhi on 29th death anniversary
New Delhi: The nation on Thursday remembered former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 29th death anniversary, with President Pranab Mukherjee and other leaders paying tributes to her.
Mukherjee paid floral tributes at Shakti Sthal, the memorial of Gandhi. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi were also present on the occasion.
Union Ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, Kamal Nath, Oscar Fernandes, M Veerappa Moily and Krishna Tirath were also present.
Devotional songs were played at the venue. A speech made by Gandhi was also played on the occasion.
Gandhi was assassinated by her bodyguards on October 31, 1984.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!