Nation remembers Indira Gandhi on 29th death anniversary
New Delhi: The nation on Thursday remembered former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on her 29th death anniversary, with President Pranab Mukherjee and other leaders paying tributes to her.
Mukherjee paid floral tributes at Shakti Sthal, the memorial of Gandhi. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi were also present on the occasion.
Union Ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, Kamal Nath, Oscar Fernandes, M Veerappa Moily and Krishna Tirath were also present.
Devotional songs were played at the venue. A speech made by Gandhi was also played on the occasion.
Gandhi was assassinated by her bodyguards on October 31, 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi