Ninety five Officer Cadets pass out
Kochi: Ninety five Officer Cadets of the 81st Integrated Course of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard successfully completed their training on board the First
training squadron here on Saturday.
The passing out parade was reviewed by Vice Admiral MP Muralidharan, Chief of Personnel of the Indian Navy.
The two week ship phase of the training saw future officers of Navy and Coast Guard being exposed to various facets of sea faring and life onboard a warship, a Naval press release said.
Besides calling at various Indian ports on either coast, the ships of the Training squadron also visited Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Al Jubail ports as part of their training curriculum. During these visits, cadets interacted with their counterparts
and also visited their training facilties, it said.
The First Training squadron, comprising Indian Naval ships, Tir, Krishna, Tarangini and Coast Guard ship Veera is commanded by Captain Sanjiv Issar.
Vice Admiral Muralidharan, who is the first Commandant of Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, dwelt on the rigours of sea training, pointing out that such baptism by fire is imperative as the sea is an `unforgiving` task master.
Cadet Tapesh Singh was awarded Chief of Naval Staff Trophy and Binoculars for being first in overall order of merit. Cadet Sandeep Kumar Khuntia received the Telescope for Best All Round Cadet. Assistant Commandant Rahul Lodhi was awarded the trophy for standing first in order of merit from Coast Guard.
The cadets would join the frontline ships of Western and Eastern Fleets and Coast Guard ships for the next stage of training. The Passing Out Parade was witnessed by a large number of senior officers, including Rear Admiral Sudarshan
Shrikhande and parents of the successful cadets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!