Ninety five Officer Cadets pass out
Kochi: Ninety five Officer Cadets of the 81st Integrated Course of the Indian Navy and Coast Guard successfully completed their training on board the First
training squadron here on Saturday.
The passing out parade was reviewed by Vice Admiral MP Muralidharan, Chief of Personnel of the Indian Navy.
The two week ship phase of the training saw future officers of Navy and Coast Guard being exposed to various facets of sea faring and life onboard a warship, a Naval press release said.
Besides calling at various Indian ports on either coast, the ships of the Training squadron also visited Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Al Jubail ports as part of their training curriculum. During these visits, cadets interacted with their counterparts
and also visited their training facilties, it said.
The First Training squadron, comprising Indian Naval ships, Tir, Krishna, Tarangini and Coast Guard ship Veera is commanded by Captain Sanjiv Issar.
Vice Admiral Muralidharan, who is the first Commandant of Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, dwelt on the rigours of sea training, pointing out that such baptism by fire is imperative as the sea is an `unforgiving` task master.
Cadet Tapesh Singh was awarded Chief of Naval Staff Trophy and Binoculars for being first in overall order of merit. Cadet Sandeep Kumar Khuntia received the Telescope for Best All Round Cadet. Assistant Commandant Rahul Lodhi was awarded the trophy for standing first in order of merit from Coast Guard.
The cadets would join the frontline ships of Western and Eastern Fleets and Coast Guard ships for the next stage of training. The Passing Out Parade was witnessed by a large number of senior officers, including Rear Admiral Sudarshan
Shrikhande and parents of the successful cadets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action