Nitish hails BJP`s decision asking Yeddy to quit
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday welcomed the BJP Parliamentary Board`s decision asking
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa to resign
"I welcome the BJP leadership for the decision asking
Yeddyurappa to quit immediately," Kumar told reporters here.
Ending the uncertainty over the fate of 68-year-old
Yeddyurappa who headed the BJP`s first government in the
south, the BJP Parliamentary Board today met and unanimously
decided that there should be a change in leadership in
Karnataka and "advised" him to resign immediately.
"It has become necessary for Yeddyurappa to quit in the
wake of the report of Karnataka Lokayukta on illegal mining,"
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi also welcomed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley