Nitish Kumar compares Narendra Modi with Hitler, BJP calls it loser talk
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The words of war between Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the Bharatiya Janata Party over Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi escalated on Wednesday.
A day after Nitish likened BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to German dictator Adolf Hitler, senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad hit back today.
"Your comments equating Narendra Modi and the BJP with Hitler and fascism are the sort of language used by a loser. Why are you sounding like this, Nitish ji?" taunted Prasad.
While addressing the party workers on the last of the two-day conclave of JD(U) in Rajgir, Kumar had said: "You (Modi) are telling people `chun chun ke saaf karo` (wipe them out one by one). You can win by getting votes, not by wiping them out... It is not just dictatorship, it is fascism, and those who believe in fascism, their icon is Hitler. They will do what Hitler did... The language of fascism will not work in a democracy.
Nitish had also said that the "Modi wave in India" that the BJP keeps mentioning is misinformation like "the wind created by a blower”.
Replying to this, Prasad said: "Recognise the difference between the blower`s wind and a public wave, Nitish ji.”
The BJP and Nitish’s JD(U) broke the 17-year-old alliance earlier this year over the elevation of Modi within the latter.
The tussle between Modi and Nitish is expected to gain steam in the run-up to the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...