Nitish Kumar compares Narendra Modi with Hitler, BJP calls it loser talk
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The words of war between Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the Bharatiya Janata Party over Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi escalated on Wednesday.
A day after Nitish likened BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi to German dictator Adolf Hitler, senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad hit back today.
"Your comments equating Narendra Modi and the BJP with Hitler and fascism are the sort of language used by a loser. Why are you sounding like this, Nitish ji?" taunted Prasad.
While addressing the party workers on the last of the two-day conclave of JD(U) in Rajgir, Kumar had said: "You (Modi) are telling people `chun chun ke saaf karo` (wipe them out one by one). You can win by getting votes, not by wiping them out... It is not just dictatorship, it is fascism, and those who believe in fascism, their icon is Hitler. They will do what Hitler did... The language of fascism will not work in a democracy.
Nitish had also said that the "Modi wave in India" that the BJP keeps mentioning is misinformation like "the wind created by a blower”.
Replying to this, Prasad said: "Recognise the difference between the blower`s wind and a public wave, Nitish ji.”
The BJP and Nitish’s JD(U) broke the 17-year-old alliance earlier this year over the elevation of Modi within the latter.
The tussle between Modi and Nitish is expected to gain steam in the run-up to the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what