`No compromise on ideology, Advani remains our leader`
Shimla: After a three-day brainstorming
session, BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Friday said LK Advani will
continue to lead the party and gave clear signals that dissent
and indiscipline will not be tolerated.
He said the `chintan baithak` discussed the Lok Sabha
poll debacle but no one was held "accountable or responsible"
for the defeat.
"If someone is to be held accountable, I take
responsibility for the defeat," Singh told a press conference
at the end of conclave of top party leaders.
At the outset even before the press conference began,
he was asked whether Advani will continue to lead the party.
"Yes, he will continue to lead the party," he replied.
Asked about RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat favouring younger
leadership in the party, Singh said the BJP has been inducting
fresh blood for a long time. "We have been doing it all the
Asked if it was a snub to RSS chief, he just laughed
away the suggestion.
On ideological deviation against the backdrop Jaswant
Singh episode, he said "the political ideology and thought on
the basis of which the party was found, we will stick to it
now and continue to do so in future. Our ideology is non-
To a question about criticism aired in public by
leaders like Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and whether
action would be taken against them, Singh said, "What I have
done, you have seen it...There will be no compromise on
Introspecting on the LS poll debacle, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Friday said that the party will be preparing an `action plan` to expand the party`s geographical and social base.
Rajnath also revealed that the BJP will come out with a `Road Ahead` document – to strengthen party - that will be presented before National Executive meet scheduled in September or October.
He expressed confidence that after this three-day exercise, the party would emerge stronger with leaders now resolving differences mutually.
“BJP should emerge as pro-poor, pro-farmer party in order to gain confidence of the people,” Rajnath said.
Considering the grim situation in the nation due to economic recession, price rise and drought, Singh said, the party will motivate its cadres to go place to place and help the common public, which have been affected hard by such unfortunate incidents
Rubbishing Congress’ claims that it is the only single party which gives opportunity largest number of youth in politics, Singh said the party has time to time motivated the youth to join and will continue to give more opportunity to the younger generation.
On the road ahead, the BJP leader said that party will continue to cooperate with the ruling government on tackling terror but at the same time the central government should take BJP into confidence on main issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened