`No compromise on ideology, Advani remains our leader`
Shimla: After a three-day brainstorming
session, BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Friday said LK Advani will
continue to lead the party and gave clear signals that dissent
and indiscipline will not be tolerated.
He said the `chintan baithak` discussed the Lok Sabha
poll debacle but no one was held "accountable or responsible"
for the defeat.
"If someone is to be held accountable, I take
responsibility for the defeat," Singh told a press conference
at the end of conclave of top party leaders.
At the outset even before the press conference began,
he was asked whether Advani will continue to lead the party.
"Yes, he will continue to lead the party," he replied.
Asked about RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat favouring younger
leadership in the party, Singh said the BJP has been inducting
fresh blood for a long time. "We have been doing it all the
Asked if it was a snub to RSS chief, he just laughed
away the suggestion.
On ideological deviation against the backdrop Jaswant
Singh episode, he said "the political ideology and thought on
the basis of which the party was found, we will stick to it
now and continue to do so in future. Our ideology is non-
To a question about criticism aired in public by
leaders like Yashwant Sinha and Arun Shourie and whether
action would be taken against them, Singh said, "What I have
done, you have seen it...There will be no compromise on
Introspecting on the LS poll debacle, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Friday said that the party will be preparing an `action plan` to expand the party`s geographical and social base.
Rajnath also revealed that the BJP will come out with a `Road Ahead` document – to strengthen party - that will be presented before National Executive meet scheduled in September or October.
He expressed confidence that after this three-day exercise, the party would emerge stronger with leaders now resolving differences mutually.
“BJP should emerge as pro-poor, pro-farmer party in order to gain confidence of the people,” Rajnath said.
Considering the grim situation in the nation due to economic recession, price rise and drought, Singh said, the party will motivate its cadres to go place to place and help the common public, which have been affected hard by such unfortunate incidents
Rubbishing Congress’ claims that it is the only single party which gives opportunity largest number of youth in politics, Singh said the party has time to time motivated the youth to join and will continue to give more opportunity to the younger generation.
On the road ahead, the BJP leader said that party will continue to cooperate with the ruling government on tackling terror but at the same time the central government should take BJP into confidence on main issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?