No conspiracy in denying Gadkari second term, says BJP
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday said there was no conspiracy to deny second term as party president to senior leader Nitin Gadkari.
"The mention of a conspiracy in RSS ideologue MG Vaidya`s blog for the removal of Gadkari has got nothing to do with the truth," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told a news agency.
The decision to replace Gadkari with Rajnath Singh was taken unanimously by BJP leaders, who held consultations on the issue with everyone, including Gadkari himself, he said.
The appointment of Rajnath Singh has shown that the president of the BJP is chosen by the party itself and not the RSS, Naidu said.
It must be understood that the views expressed by M G Vaidya are not the views of RSS, he said.
"In any case, Vaidya does not happen to be the spokesperson of RSS," the BJP leader said.
Vaidya had yesterday written in his blog that, "When BJP amended its constitution to facilitate extending second term to incumbent president Gadkari, a section of party leaders did not like it. But they did not oppose it openly and since then started working against giving second term to Gadkari."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family