No conspiracy in denying Gadkari second term, says BJP
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday said there was no conspiracy to deny second term as party president to senior leader Nitin Gadkari.
"The mention of a conspiracy in RSS ideologue MG Vaidya`s blog for the removal of Gadkari has got nothing to do with the truth," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told a news agency.
The decision to replace Gadkari with Rajnath Singh was taken unanimously by BJP leaders, who held consultations on the issue with everyone, including Gadkari himself, he said.
The appointment of Rajnath Singh has shown that the president of the BJP is chosen by the party itself and not the RSS, Naidu said.
It must be understood that the views expressed by M G Vaidya are not the views of RSS, he said.
"In any case, Vaidya does not happen to be the spokesperson of RSS," the BJP leader said.
Vaidya had yesterday written in his blog that, "When BJP amended its constitution to facilitate extending second term to incumbent president Gadkari, a section of party leaders did not like it. But they did not oppose it openly and since then started working against giving second term to Gadkari."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?