No political motive for being Lalu’s counsel: Jethmalani
Ranchi: Expelled BJP leader Ram Jethmalani on Friday dismissed any political motive behind representing RJD chief Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
"For me politics and profession are separate things," Jethmalani said, adding one should not interpret it of any political motive.
Jethmalani was replying to a media query as to how he agreed to defend Prasad when his principles were opposite to that of the former Bihar chief minister.
The veteran lawyer was here to defend Yadav’s petition pleading Jharkhand High Court to transfer a fodder case from one special CBI court to another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond