No Ram Navami puja performed at Ayodhya
Zee Media Bureau
Ayodhya: Following Supreme Court’s 19 year-old order, the district administration here didn’t allow any religious activity at the disputed site in Ayodhya on Ram Navami.
According to the SC order, court appointed priest, Acharya Satyender Das, is the only one allowed to perform religious activities on the 67 acre land, which had been taken over by the Centre.
However, for the last 19 years, locals associated with the Ram Janma Bhoomi Seva Samiti have been performing prayers at the disputed site on Ram Navami.
On January 28, 2013, Supreme Court had ordered status quo on 67 acre land adjacent to the disputed site here and restrained any kind of religious activity in the area.
Earlier this week, District Magistrate Faizabad Vipin Kumar Dwivedi told a news agency, "We will ensure that no religious sentiments are hurt. But, we will abide by the Supreme Court`s orders and maintain status quo, as defined in various judgements."
This year there was strong opposition from the oldest litigant of Babri Masjid case, Hashim Ansari.
"We were objecting violation of the court`s orders for the last 19 years, and, this time, we approached the observers appointed by Supreme Court," said Khaliq Ahmad Khan, a petitioner in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- 'Akira' animator Makiko Futaki dies at 57
- Video alert - Lisa Haydon, Jacqueline Fernandez fight like Tom and Jerry!
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting