No support from NCP to Congress` walkout in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: UPA could not project a united picture in the Rajya Sabha on Monday with NCP not joining the walkout staged by Congress after it expressed dissatisfaction over Finance Minister Arun Jaitley`s reply on the discussion on inflation on the opening day of the Budget session.
As Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad led the walkout, saying he was not satisifed with the Finance Minister`s reply on inflation, NCP chief Sharad Pawar and party leaders D P Tripathi and Majid Memon kept seated.
Pawar also later took part in the discussion and spoke on the farmers` issue.
An apparently embarrassed Congress admitted "lacunae" in floor coordination and promised to correct it.
"What you have pointed out is in our knowledge. We will discuss. May be there was some lacunae in coordination," party spokesperson Anand Sharma later told reporters at the party briefing.
He, however, insisted that NCP had said the same thing what Congress maintained on the issue of inflation.
There was no immediate reaction from the NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why