No support from NCP to Congress` walkout in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: UPA could not project a united picture in the Rajya Sabha on Monday with NCP not joining the walkout staged by Congress after it expressed dissatisfaction over Finance Minister Arun Jaitley`s reply on the discussion on inflation on the opening day of the Budget session.
As Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad led the walkout, saying he was not satisifed with the Finance Minister`s reply on inflation, NCP chief Sharad Pawar and party leaders D P Tripathi and Majid Memon kept seated.
Pawar also later took part in the discussion and spoke on the farmers` issue.
An apparently embarrassed Congress admitted "lacunae" in floor coordination and promised to correct it.
"What you have pointed out is in our knowledge. We will discuss. May be there was some lacunae in coordination," party spokesperson Anand Sharma later told reporters at the party briefing.
He, however, insisted that NCP had said the same thing what Congress maintained on the issue of inflation.
There was no immediate reaction from the NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you