Nothing to do with any political party: Team Anna
Hisar: A day after Digvijay Singh
described Anna Hazare as "a mask of all anti-Congress
parties", Team Anna on Monday hit back at him for levelling "wild
and baseless allegations" and asserted that their movement had
"nothing to do" with any political party.
Addressing a public gathering at Arya Nagar here, Hazare
aide Arvind Kerjiwal theirs was "not votebank politics, but
politics for the people" and lashed out at those who were
trying to create an impression that their movement had the
backing of the RSS and the BJP.
"These are wild and baseless allegations and there is
no truth in them. Our movement is a people`s movement and we
want it to remain so. Our main agenda is to get the Jan Lokpal
Bill passed and continue with our fight against corruption. We
have nothing to do with any political party," he said.
Team Anna`s campaign has picked up momentum after the
arrival of Kejriwal and another activist Manish Sisodia here
two days back and they have been holding meetings across
Hisar parliamentary constituency urging voters not to support
the Congress in the by-poll for its "failure" to bring the Jan
Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"Some people say we are doing politics. We have been
saying from the beginning that we are doing politics, but it
is not the votebank politics, but politics for the people,"
Kejriwal said in an apparent retort to Congress general
secretary Digvijay Singh`s statement yesterday.
He said till the time the Bill is not passed in
Parliament, their agitation will continue.
"Anna Hazare is a mask of all anti-Congress parties....
Anna always says he is not in politics but I have been told,
BJP offered him all-party presidential candidate in 2012,"
Singh had claimed at a function in Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy