Nothing wrong in PM consulting Sonia Gandhi: Manish Tewari
Ludhiana: Union minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday said Sonia Gandhi is president of a party with 205 seats in Parliament and also the chairperson of UPA, and there is nothing wrong in the Prime Minister consulting her.
To a question about BJP`s charge that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was being remote controlled by Congress President Sonia Gandhi, the minister said,"Let BJP leaders introspect and find out who controls whom".
"It is BJP which is being remote controlled by RSS," he said during a press conference here.
He pointed out, "Sonia Gandhi is president of a party having 205 seats in Parliament. She is also the chairperson of the United Progressive Alliance at the Centre.
"There is nothing wrong in the Prime Minister consulting her since she represents a political party and an alliance."
At the same time, Tewari alleged that BJP`s all decisions were taken at Nagpur by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
"RSS has never contested any elections and does not believe in the democratic process and still BJP runs to it for each and every decision," said the Union Information and Broadcasting Minister.
"I leave it to the wisdom of people across the country as to who is remote controlled by whom," Tewari remarked.
Terming the Muzaffarnagar riots as unfortunate, he said this is the time to ease out the situation and take stern action against guilty and not indulge in blame game.
On the issue of present economic situation in the country, the Minister said "the situation is not volatile in India only but case is the same in almost all the other developing countries".
Quoting yesterday`s Reserve Bank of India figures, he said from 1998-2004 the rate of growth was 5.8 per cent and from 2004 to 2012 it remained at 8.1 per cent despite the fact that economic slowdown was all over the world in 2009.
He said fundamentals of Indian economy are strong.
He assured that the momentary upheavals were being duly taken care of by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government