Nupur Talwar initiates process for filing bail plea
Allahabad: Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the 2008 murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic servant Hemraj, Thurday initiated the process for filing a bail petition in the Allahabad High Court, a day after a Ghaziabad court refused to grant her relief.
"A notice has been sent to the CBI informing the agency that we will be filing a bail application in the court`s registry after nine days," Talwar`s counsel Amit Srivastava told reporters.
"This is a formality as per the High Court Rules that needs to be completed before a bail plea is filed. Once the bail petition is filed, it will be taken up for hearing in due course," he said.
Talwar is facing trial in the murder case along with her husband Rajesh.
Aarushi and Hemraj were found murdered inside the residence of the Noida-based dentist couple four years ago.
The case was referred to the CBI by the Uttar Pradesh government following an outcry over shoddy investigation by the police.
A special CBI court at Ghaziabad had yesterday rejected Talwar`s bail plea observing, "the accused applicant has tried her best to avoid her appearance.... And therefore her conduct has been such which disentitles her to be released on bail".
Disposing of her petition, Additional District and Sessions Judge S Lal had said he cannot exercise the discretion of giving the bail to Talwar since "there is a prima facie evidence to suggest the involvement of the accused (Nupur)" and in the light of the seriousness of the offence and severity of the punishment provided.
"The legal history is replete with instances of matricide, patricide and fratricide. Everything is possible in these days of modern era wherein moral values are fast declining and one can stoop to the lowest extent."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof