Obama good friend of India: Democrat leader Goyal
Indore: Stating that the US President
Barack Obama was a good friend of India, Democrat leader of
Indian origin Jai P Goyal said that there was no
discrimination against Indians in the United States.
"Obama is a good friend of India and many Indians are
working at the top positions in his administration," the
30-year-old Goyal, who has been elected to the House of
Representatives from Ohio province of US for the second term
in 2008, arrived here on a private visit told reporters.
To a query, he said that the issues of outsourcing and
protectionism were linked with the US economy which had been
hit by the downturn.
The US government wants to provide employment to the
jobless youths in that country, adding that if there was some
reservation in India in this regard it wasn`t good, he said.
Obama had said in his first budget speech on last
February 26, that the US administration will deprive off
those US companies of tax benefits for outsourcing work from
India and other countries.
To a question he has termed the recent killing of an
Indian student in Australia as "horrible".
Goyal has his roots in Indore city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan