Obama good friend of India: Democrat leader Goyal
Indore: Stating that the US President
Barack Obama was a good friend of India, Democrat leader of
Indian origin Jai P Goyal said that there was no
discrimination against Indians in the United States.
"Obama is a good friend of India and many Indians are
working at the top positions in his administration," the
30-year-old Goyal, who has been elected to the House of
Representatives from Ohio province of US for the second term
in 2008, arrived here on a private visit told reporters.
To a query, he said that the issues of outsourcing and
protectionism were linked with the US economy which had been
hit by the downturn.
The US government wants to provide employment to the
jobless youths in that country, adding that if there was some
reservation in India in this regard it wasn`t good, he said.
Obama had said in his first budget speech on last
February 26, that the US administration will deprive off
those US companies of tax benefits for outsourcing work from
India and other countries.
To a question he has termed the recent killing of an
Indian student in Australia as "horrible".
Goyal has his roots in Indore city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn, Sooraj Pancholi to get action training in Germany for Remo's film
- KRK tries to mock Abhishek Bachchan, gets trolled instead! – Details inside
- Shiv Sena asks Muslims brothers to join fight against ISIS
- US lifts arms decade-long arms embargo on Vietnam, announces Barack Obama
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance