One more official dismissed in CBSE paper leak scam
Port Blair: Director General of Police, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, has dismissed Radio Operator
M P Arun for his alleged involvement in the CBSE question paper leak scandal.
Arun, who was under suspension following his arrest in connection with this case, was earlier involved in several criminal cases, involving supply of fake currency notes, robbery and criminal intimidation and procurement of passport on the basis of a false declaration.
He was earlier dismissed in 2007 but was later re-instated on the directives of a judicial verdict, a release
from SP (District) said here today.
The release said holding department enquiry against him was practically not possible on account of his earlier cases, one of which involves threat and criminal intimidation. His dismissal was ordered under Article 311(2) (b) of the Constitution read with Rule 9.12 (ii) of A&N Police Manual 1963.
Dismissal under these provisions is provided for when there are serious grounds to establish that the delinquent government employee is such that no one is willing to testify against him/her in a Department Enquiry due to fear of consequences, S B Deol, DGP, A&N Islands said.
Last week the police department had dismissed police inspector Abdul Salam on the same ground.
Three persons, including a school principal, were arrested on Mar 4 from Car Nicobar island on the charge of leaking question papers of the ongoing CBSE examinations.
Krishnan Raju, principal of Government Senior Secondary School at Lapati; Rashid, an executive engineer of the Andamans PWD; and Vijayan, a forest ranger, were arrested for leaking the question papers, officials in the Directorate of Education department had said.
The question papers involve science subjects of class X and XII, regional director of CBSE Nagarajan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation