Opposition tries to raise CAG report on CWG in RS
New Delhi: Opposition Left and BJP on Thursday tried
to raise in the Rajya Sabha the issue of the CAG reportedly
accusing Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of irregularities
in awarding certain Commonwealth Games contracts.
When the House met for the day, Brinda Karat (CPI-M) along
with other Left members raised the issue of top auditor CAG
reportedly finding faults with the manner in which the Delhi
government gave tenders for CWG projects.
The Left members were joined by some from BJP benches.
Chairman Hamid Ansari, however, did not allow them to
raise the issue, saying, "This is Question Hour...You know the
procedure. Don`t make any demand contrary to the procedure."
"Why are you coming in the way of Question Hour," he
remarked, and took up the first listed question after order
was restored in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Talks with Pakistan foreign secretary just 'courtesy': India
- Housing prices rose during Oct-Dec quarter of 2015-16: RBI
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies