Over 5 lakh appear for IIT-JEE test
New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh aspirants across the country appeared for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012 on Sunday.
This year, the largest number of applications is from Kanpur, followed by Andhra Pradesh.
Students from 210 cities took the exam for around 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and approximately 860 in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
The examination took place at seven centres – Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Warangal. The first part of the test is scheduled to take place from 9 am to 12 pm and the second from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31