Over 5 lakh appear for IIT-JEE test
New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh aspirants across the country appeared for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012 on Sunday.
This year, the largest number of applications is from Kanpur, followed by Andhra Pradesh.
Students from 210 cities took the exam for around 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and approximately 860 in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
The examination took place at seven centres – Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Warangal. The first part of the test is scheduled to take place from 9 am to 12 pm and the second from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi