Over 5 lakh appear for IIT-JEE test
New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh aspirants across the country appeared for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012 on Sunday.
This year, the largest number of applications is from Kanpur, followed by Andhra Pradesh.
Students from 210 cities took the exam for around 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and approximately 860 in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
The examination took place at seven centres – Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Warangal. The first part of the test is scheduled to take place from 9 am to 12 pm and the second from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation