Over 5 lakh appear for IIT-JEE test
New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh aspirants across the country appeared for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012 on Sunday.
This year, the largest number of applications is from Kanpur, followed by Andhra Pradesh.
Students from 210 cities took the exam for around 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and approximately 860 in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
The examination took place at seven centres – Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Warangal. The first part of the test is scheduled to take place from 9 am to 12 pm and the second from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt