Over 5 lakh appear for IIT-JEE test
New Delhi: Over 5.6 lakh aspirants across the country appeared for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IITJEE)-2012 on Sunday.
This year, the largest number of applications is from Kanpur, followed by Andhra Pradesh.
Students from 210 cities took the exam for around 9,600 seats in the IITs, 1,000 in Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University and approximately 860 in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
The examination took place at seven centres – Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Warangal. The first part of the test is scheduled to take place from 9 am to 12 pm and the second from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The results are scheduled to be declared on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'